Pug photos

I was sifting through blogs after Pilates today and came upon this one. This woman puts up a photo of her pug, Merry, almost daily. In some of them, the dog looks less than excited, but others are very cute.

Lunch was sun-dried tomato pesto with farfalle. The pesto came out pretty well. I remember reading in one of Didi Emmons' cookbooks that it's ok to alter recipes (except for baking) and it was a revelation...I always followed them so strictly. Now I've swung to the opposite extreme, in some instances. I can only assume that if you follow the directions exactly, it will be even better.

From Mollie Katzen's Vegetable Heaven:

Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
2 oz sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
1 c boiling water
1/2 c basil (packed)
1/3 c parsley (packed)
3 medium cloves garlic
salt to taste
red pepper flakes to taste

1. Pour the boiling water into a bowl, add the tomatoes, cover with a plate and let stand for 1 hour.
2. Mix the basil and parsley in a blender or food processor until feathery.
3. Add the garlic and tomatoes with their water and process until you have a smooth paste.
4. Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste.

Apparently it keeps well also.

More news on my new class...someone emailed me to congratulate me on the class, since "she just received the newsletter." She emailed me on Friday...which means the newsletter went out on Friday...after my class.

Another class I'm teaching, which will probably become permanent in September, is going well. It's uncanny, though...one of the students reminds me a lot of my brother's mother-in-law. I guess everybody has a doppelganger.

In other news, we're trying to see Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby, starring Will Ferrell. It was sold out pretty much everywhere last night. When I do get to see it, I'll review it.

Comments

Lisa said…
Looking forward to your review. I wish you lived closer---I need a movie buddy!

And I definitely want to try that recipe, although I think I'll wait until I leave Austin. It's too darn hot to cook!
Bearette said…
It's funny, I went to see Scoop today - by myself. Too bad you weren't here...
Mike said…
I'm not sure if I should be scared or not by the idea that a movie that has NASCAR as it's premise is sold out all over NYC...
Caro said…
Ooh, a pesto recipe without cheese. I want to try it.
Lisa said…
I almost went to see Scoop today. Decided to go to the Al Gore doc instead because it will be out of the theaters sooner. I might go see "John Tucker Must Die" tomorrow.
Reighnie said…
That is the cutest site. I followed it and came upon this that I thought you would like.

http://elysian.ws/tee.htm
Bearette said…
mike - you know you love it...you used to race cars, right??

lisa - if you see john tucker, let me know how it is ;)

carolyn - i ended up adding parmesan...

reighnie - i will check it out!
Anonymous said…
I've made that rigatoni recipe (the one with garlic and zucchini) four times since you posted the recipe. It's so good!
Bearette said…
glad you like it!
:D

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!