Vodka cranberries and Queen Latifah

What do you know, I woke up at 8:30. I had a drink last night, and forgot that this often messes up my sleep patterns. But waking up early is cool, and good for insomnia.

Last night we went to Jackson Diner, where they serve enormous portions. Ugh. Then we went to F's party. F is a girl from my writing group. Her party was at a nice, very red lounge (I saw its website and wore a red turtleneck to match). We didn't know anybody, but it was nice to be a part of her 30th. One of her friends was very funny. He was wearing a T-shirt from Urban Outfitters that said "Obey" and told us how he took up the sleeves and the bottom of the shirt. "When you're gay, you want to show the butt, you want to show the arms," he explained. In fact, he had very nice arms, and I asked D how long it would take me to get arms like that. D said probably only men can. My arms are toned, but he had serious muscle.

Anyway, I had a vodka cranberry and D had a Black Russian, but they tried to sneak coffee liqueur in there! They had no Kahlua. So he got a vodka cranberry instead.

Then we went to see Queen Latifah's new movie, since it happened to be playing at a convenient time at a theater on the way back. It also happened to be free, since AT gave me a gift card for my yoga graduation! Thanks, AT. The movie was surprisingly cute and good. It's not going to win an Oscar, and some of the plot points were ridiculous, but it was just so good-natured, wholesome and sweet that you couldn't help but be swept along for the ride. I also enjoyed Beauty Shop, her other movie which we saw in Miami last year. I did skip the one with her and Jimmy Fallon, but I think usually her movies are pretty enjoyable. Clean, broad humor, a far-fetched plot, etc.

Comments

Caro said…
Sounds fun. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie.
Anonymous said…
I like Queen L. I think she's a good role model for girls.

I also like vodka cranberries! And almost anything red.
There's something sexy about Queen Latifah. yes, if I were single, I would definitely not kick Queen Latifah out of bed.
Bearette said…
hehe ;) I guess she's very comfortable with herself.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!