New Year's Eve thoughts

So D and I had dinner, avec bebe, at Otto (a Mario Batali pizza joint) which is somehow both trendy and kid-friendly. I had a bellini (Prosecco and blood orange juice, which sounds creepy, but is tasty) and a balsamic onion/goat cheese pizza. Plus some brussels sprouts with "vin cotto" as an appetizer. (I don't know what vin cotto is, but the sprouts were yummy.) Then we got home, D was reading E a story, and I started wondering which authors I have read all of. (I believe that ending a sentence with a preposition is OK.) Here are the writers:

Sara Faith Alterman (totally random)
Kate Atkinson
Jane Austen
Anjali Bannerjee
Melissa Banks
Emily Barr
Brunonia Barry
Christina Bartolomeo
Jennifer Belle
Elizabeth Berg
Sarah Bilston
Hester Browne
Lily Burana
Julie Buxbaum
Katherine Center
Jennifer Chiaverini
Megan Crane
Katie Crouch
Lynda Curnyn
Laura Dave
Robertson Davies
Jill A. Davis
Sarah Dessen
Sarah Dunn
Jeffrey Eugenides
Suzanne Finnamore
Emily Giffin
Jane Green
Ethan Hawke
Elin Hilderbrand
Kate Jacobs
Lisa Jewell
Jill Kargman
Kim Wong Keltner
Beth Kendrick
Marian Keyes
Sophie Kinsella
Claire LaZebnik
Lisa Lutz
Mameve Medwed
Clare O'Donohue
Ariella Papa
Louise Rennison
Laurie Viera Rigler
J.D. Salinger
Marjane Satrapi
Vikram Seth
Curtis Sittenfeld
Jonathan Tropper
Anne Tyler
Celestine Vaite
Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez
Jennifer Weiner
Allison Winn Scotch
Lolly Winston
Alex Witchel
Elizabeth Young

OK, that was a freakishly long list. To those of you who made it this far, HAPPY NEW YEAR! And the good news is:

1) The list was very easy to compile because LibraryThing has a list of every author I've read, and the ones I'd read all of jumped out.

2) Facebook is not killing Blogger. Facebook is the second most popular site, and Blogger is #8. Not too shabby. Courtesy of alexa.com.

Comments

here is wiki to explain vin cotto:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincotto
and yes, I am impressed w/your author list... Happy New Year! the best to you!
Bearette said…
Thanks! You too. The funny thing is, some of my favorite authors are not on there. I like Anita Shreve, but couldn't get into one of her books.
This Suzy said…
Happy New Year!
Bearette said…
Thanks Suzy!! Hope you have a good night and it's not too cold.
judy in ky said…
Happy New Year to you and to D and E!
Anonymous said…
This has nothing to do with your list, but I had to comment on the preposition thing. I'm reading Origins of the Specious, and I'm only on page 35 or so, but it's been quite illuminating with regards to some of our sacred grammar rules. Yes, it's okay to end a sentence with a preposition.

word verification: tandingo
Bearette said…
I always thought it was a very awkward rule.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!