I'm getting into the holiday spirit this year. I bought my niece's birthday presents (her birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year). It was funny, the cashier said, "I can tell your favorite color is purple," and I said, "Actually, it's for my niece." But it's true, purple is becoming my favorite color.

For once, I'm not too stressed about gifts. I made some, figured out what I will buy for others, and only have one question mark. I'll enlist D's help picking something out for that person.

I'm looking forward to the food, too...pumpkin pie, vegetarian shepherd's pie, and squash.

What are you looking forward to on Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm looking forward to spending it with friends. This time next year, we'll be split up and living in different parts of the country. I miss them already!
judy in ky said…
I look forward to the Christmas decorations, especially fairy lights in trees. I like driving around and seeing all the lights. It's the darkest part of winter and everything looks bright and festive. But then I hate it when the holidays are over and the lights come down and everything is dark again.
This Suzy said…
I don't get Thanksgiving this year - I was in the States for Canadian TG and I'm in Canada for American TG. As I've been telling people, I guess I'm just completely ungrateful this year! :P

My mom is coming for a little visit over Christmas, so that's what I'm looking forward to! :)
Bearette said…
DK - are you leaving CA?

Judy - I love fairy lights, too. A restaurant near us puts them up in the trees outside.

Suzy - that's great!
Anonymous said…
Yes, next September sadly. Off to DC!
Bearette said…
DC is cool, though. I think you'll like it. They have very good brownies at a place called Tryst.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!