Promises, Promises


So D and I went to see Promises, Promises on Broadway today. It was amazing. It was based on The Apartment (old black and white movie with Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine). For this showing, Kristin Chenoweth's role was played by an understudy, who was kind of lacking in charisma; but Sean Hayes, playing the Jack Lemmon role, was excellent. I really loved it, and would like to see it again. The play included the songs "I Say A Little Prayer For You" and "I'll Never Fall in Love Again."

Comments

Caro said…
I'd love to go see a Broadway show.
judy in ky said…
I LOVE the music from that show? Have you ever heard a recording from the original Broadway cast? Jerry Orbach was amazing! (I wrote about it a few posts back.) I love Broadway... wish I could go.
judy in ky said…
Oh, I meant ! after my first sentence, not ?. Sorry.
Bearette said…
I went to iTunes today and heard the version with Jerry Orbach and Jill somebody. I remember your post, I never knew he used to be on Broadway until I read that.
Tracy said…
Hmmm... I'll be in NYC this summer... and I just might have to check that out! My friend Susan asked if I wanted to see a show while I'm there...
Hello!??! I was a theatre major in undergrad! : )
Bearette said…
I definitely recommend it. I heard it's playing until December.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!