My stomach is starting to precede me into a room. Or maybe it's just tonight. I have added a food baby to the regular baby.

We went to Pizzeria Uno -- partly b/c I wanted pizza, partly b/c I wanted to give D a break from my persistent Thai craving -- it was like a voice chanting in my ear, "Red curry, red curry, red curry." So I gave the curry a break and got an individual deep-dish pizza.

But that was not enough! It should have been. But it wasn't. So we got this really big, vile yet delicious dessert - a giant peanut butter cup with ice cream on top. I'm happy to say we didn't finish it. But we made more of a dent in it than we should have.

The peanut butter cup had an Oreo cookie crust on the bottom. It reminded me of what I called "dirt" in Carvel ice cream cakes when I was four -- this textured, gravelly chocolate in the middle of the cake. I think I called it dirt to illustrate my simultaneous repulsion by and attraction to it. I found myself similarly fascinated by this "dirt."

Also, they were playing an old Huey Lewis song from Sports -- "Bad is Bad." I remember when he was actually "cool" (not cheesy) and my best friend at the time adored the cleft in his chin. So I hatched a plan to buy Sports from Amazon along with a prenatal fitness DVD that has a salsa dancing segment! A fun purchase, no? But I don't know if I'll get around to it. Swimming seems to be my activity of choice these days.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just picturing that giant peanut butter cup makes me drool...mmm.

Okay, just picturing the deep dish pizza makes me drool too.
Kristen said…
I love Pizzaria Uno! I got there at least once a month - and I love that peanut butter cup dessert but they also have an amazing deep dish baked in chocolate chip cookie covered in ice cream. Delicious (but deadly)!
Bearette said…
Kitkat - sadly, the pizza was cold! But I ate it anyway :)

Kristen - sounds huge!! I think the desserts should probably be shared by 3 people :) Or 2 people and a dog...
Bearette said…
I guess that would be unhygienic, though. The dog's portion would have to be saved and given to the dog last.
This suzy said…
So when do we get to see a picture of your baby bump? :)
Bearette said…
I should probably do one, huh? I've been stalling...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!